A Day in the Life of JonnyQ888

A Day in the Life of JQ888

Thursday, December 04, 2014

The Funnel is Leaking

SLD, my weight loss site, has a leaky funnel.  People go in and most fall out long before they get exposed to the salesletter.  Besides the poor optin rate on the squeeze page, the email sequence itself is a huge problem.  As I have been working to improve the optin rate, I have kept the budget for the PPC campaign at around $10.  This results in 2-3 optins per day (much better than the 0 from the initial campaigns).  Currently, there are 30 active subscribers for the list.

Out of the 16 messages in the email sequence, only 3 people have clicked the links in the emails that lead to the sales page for the ebook.  Three!  That is pretty atrocious.  These are people that opted into the list AND did the confirmation.  Yet, they aren't clicking the links in the email.

This leads me to only one conclusion - the email sequence does not "sell the click" well enough.  I will need to retool it to see if I can get better results.  I have scheduled a broadcast for today to see if that will get results. 

The reason I know all of this is from heavy manipulation of Prosper202 in order to make it track individual email conversion rates and the lifetime subscriber value for each person.  I've always wanted this kind of data but its taken nearly 10 years to find the right tool that does not cost hundreds per month.




Subscribe in NewsGator Online

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
eXTReMe Tracker